Stress & Sleep Disorder - You can heal it!
Anxiety disorders in India:
Last Indian epidemiological studies had shown approximately between 5.6% and 16.5% prevalence rate for anxiety disorders.
Why does a normal person suffer from stress, anxiety and sleep disorders?
Everyone experiences unavoidable situations causing stress or anxiety issues either early or late in their life span. But, every individual deals with their anxiety issues differently.
The reason behind the stress could be due to their family issues, financial issues, work life imbalances, peer and society pressures. Some people might have experienced something really unexpected and painful in their life especially, in the childhood. If, these issues continue for a prolong period in their life then, it can lead to serious anxiety issues and sleep disorders.
Yes, You can avoid it!
If, you are experiencing really serious anxiety issues then, it’s your responsibility to tackle with it.
- Try to divert your mind from the issues you are facing.
- Think about what you can positively do in the situation.
- Have a feeling of gratitude for what you have already.
- Try to look at the situation as a third person. This helps you to avoid sinking in it.
- The best thing you can do is to get indulged in your work or your hobbies completely.
- Try to avoid being alone anywhere and be around your loved ones.
- If you are an animal lover then, have your pet around you in such conditions.
- Try to be around your loved ones, kids as they have very positive vibes which you will be requiring in such conditions.
- Try to indulge yourself in gardening or planting trees or doing morning and evening walk; as greenery and open areas with more plantation help you to reduce stress naturally.
- Try to avoid watching movies, shows or listening songs which are way touchier or can trouble your feelings or disturb your emotions. Even you should avoid watching horror movies, thriller movies or impactful movies in such situations.
Let's resolve it together!
- You can perform certain Grounding exercises mentioned by WHO in their publication named as “Doing what matters in Times of Stress.” This will help you a lot in distracting your mind when you are under certain stressful situation.
- Try to make yourself a morning person by shifting your circadian rhythm in morning hours. Take your meal before 8 pm, sleep at 10 pm and try to wake up between 5-7 am.
- Incorporate some morning exercises yoga and Pranayam in your daily routine especially;
- Surya namaskara, Ananda Balasana (Happy baby pose), Balasanas (Child pose) followed by Shavasana (Corpse pose).
- Pranayama like Anuloma-Viloma (Deep breathing), Bhramari Pranayama.
- The best thing you can do is to avoid use of any phone, gadgets, television, etc., one hour before going to bed.
- Drink less water just before going to bed as drinking more water can cause repeated urination.
- Take care of your meal as spicy foods, uncooked and unhealthy foods, etc can cause stomach ache or can make your stomach upset leading to disturbed sleep.
- Drink warm Buffalo milk, as it is mentioned as the best Nidra janana (sleep inducing) by Acharya Charaka.
- Make use of soothing aromatic things around you which are made up of natural products like incense sticks, scented candles, flower bouquet, natural attar (especially mitti attar).
- Play some lullaby, your favourite song, or have friendly conversation with your loved ones other than the stressful topics.
- Massage: Try to do head massage before going to bed. There is no need to apply a lot of hair oil daily. Take a little quantity of Adhyay - Overnight Scalp Therapy oil and apply it over scalp by giving a good massage for minimum of 4 minutes. This will help you to get rid of stress by adding a healthy activity in your daily routine and also distracting your mind from the issue. Massaging your scalp will naturally help you to relax. You can also do a little body massage by using Virgin Coconut Oil or any oil that suits you. This also helps to relax and adds up in giving a sound sleep.
- Apply Nabhi sutra sleep inducing oil in your belly button as it contains
- Tagara as an ingredient which have significant results in initiation of sleep, increasing duration of sleep, reduces disturbed sleep and disturbances caused due to the routine works.
- According to Ayurveda, Nidranasha (lack of sleep or insomnia) is caused mainly due to Vata and Pitta Coconut oil and Cow ghee are Vata-Pitta shamaka (pacifies Vata and Pitta), Sheeta virya (cold potency) which helps to take care of this situation. These also help in reduction of acidity and flatulence caused due to Pitta and Vata doshas respectively.
- Lavender oil is having aromatic smell which helps in induction of sleep. This works by concept of aroma therapy.
Do you have any videos regarding how to apply it and can we use more than one oil together and one more question is that how many days we will used it to solve anxiety related problems
I have a question can more then one oil be used in night together and if so how to apply ?