What is Navel displacement or Navel Shift?
The navel is considered as the centre point of our body and is considered as one of the place for
prana in our body. It is an udara marma (marma related to abdomen) and also considered as sadyapranahara marma (injury to which can cause immediate death). It is considered as Manipura chakra which controls the soul and body. The word Nabhi is itself derived from “nah-bandhane” which means to tie. As we all know, the fetus is directly connected to the placenta by this umbilical cord which starts to shrink after the birth of the baby. Thus, navel is like remnant part of the umbilical cord which is attached to many other parts of the body. Thus, Navel displacement is a condition where the navel centre gets shifted either upwards or downwards or in any other direction which can be diagnosed according to the type of symptoms.
What causes Navel displacement?
There could be many reasons for a navel shift; Here some are mentioned:
- If you are lifting heavier objects especially more than your capacity and you are not trained to do so. Like if someone is trained for lifting heavy weights then, they will not suffer from this navel displacement much easily. These kind of activities put excessive strain or pressure on your abdomen muscles which leads to the navel displacement. Thus, working on your core muscles as a routine can prevent such conditions.
- Some sudden abrupt movements which may cause problem with the nerves or muscles. This can cause building up of sudden pressure on those areas which leads to the navel displacement.
- Constipation: It is a medical condition when you don’t pass your stool for three days or more. When, the faecal matter remains for a longer time in the large intestine then, it absorbs excess amount of water from it which leads to the dry and hard stool. This makes it difficult for a person to pass stool in such conditions. If you are suffering with constipation from a long time. Then, due to excessive pressure build up around abdomen muscles can cause navel displacement.
- Pregnancy & Childbirth: During the second or third trimester of pregnancy mother gets some regular contractions and while, normal delivery of a baby there is excessive building up of pressure in the lower abdomen. When, the baby starts to descend into the birth canal of the mother then, she goes through some vigorous contractions which gets constantly increasing. Thus, some female may suffer from navel shift during or post-delivery days.
- Aggressive sexual activity
- Excessive horse-riding
What are the symptoms of Navel displacement condition?
- Diarrhea – person starts to defecate more than three times per day.
- Abdominal discomforts
- Gas formation or bloating
- Feeling of heaviness in abdomen
- Nausea and vomiting
How we can deal with Navel displacement?
- Yoga practices:
Start doing Chakrasana (Wheel pose), Naukasana (Boat pose), Dhanurasasna (Bow pose), etc.
- Massage your belly button with Nabhi Sutra daily digestion & detox-belly button oil daily.